COVID-19 is believed to spread mainly via close contact from person-to-particular person. Some folks without signs could possibly spread the virus. We are nonetheless studying about how the virus spreads and the severity of illness it causes.
Person-to-particular person unfold
The virus is assumed to spread mainly from person-to-person.
* Between people who find themselves in shut contact with one another (inside about 6 toes).
* Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected particular person coughs, sneezes, or talks.
* These droplets can land within the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or presumably be inhaled into the lungs.
* COVID-19 could also be spread by people who are not showing signs.
The virus spreads easily between individuals
How easily a virus spreads from person-to-particular person can differ. Some viruses are highly contagious, like measles, whereas different viruses don’t spread as easily. Another factor is whether the unfold is sustained, which implies it goes from person-to-individual with out stopping.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading very easily and sustainably between folks. Information from the continued COVID-19 pandemic means that this virus is spreading more efficiently than influenza, but not as efficiently as measles, which is very contagious. In basic, the extra closely a person interacts with others and the longer that interplay, the upper the chance of COVID-19 unfold.
The virus may be spread in different ways
It could also be attainable that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. This just isn’t regarded as the principle means the virus spreads, however we are nonetheless learning more about how this virus spreads.
Spread between animals and other people
* At this time, the risk of COVID-19 spreading from animals to folks is taken into account to be low. Learn about COVID-19 and pets and other animals.
* It seems that the virus that causes COVID-19 can spread from individuals to animals in some conditions. CDC is aware of a small number of pets worldwide, together with cats and dogs, reported to be contaminated with the virus that causes COVID-19, principally after close contact with people with COVID-19. Learn what you should do when you have pets.
Protect your self and others
The best approach to forestall sickness is to keep away from being exposed to this virus. You can take steps to slow the unfold.
Learn more about what you are able to do to guard yourself and others.